This week on the podcast we sat down with Coach Danny Camargo of Team Oly Concepts in Orlando, FL. Camargo offers great advice for athletes with a desire to make it to the elite level and coaches who are working with experienced athletes. We dive deep into coaching, leadership, and developing athletes. Coach Camargo discusses the important characteristics that help move a good athlete to a great athlete. The progression of an athlete depends on how much independence and self-awareness the athlete can develop over time. Camargo shares the best piece of advice he’s ever received as an athlete. Check out the episode!
THE GRITTY DETAILS
- Coping with less than satisfactory performances (i.e., failures) is an important skill for growing as an athlete.
- Long term buy in may be related to inspiration as opposed to motivation. Athletes and coaches must find creative ways to reinspire themselves over the course of their career.
- You don’t have to be a great athlete to be a great coach.
CONNECT WITH THE GUEST
- Follow Danny Camargo on Instagram
- Connect with Team Oly Concepts on Instagram
- Check out Camargo Oly Concepts (e.g., competitions and seminars) on the web.
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
SUPPORT THE PODCAST
- It’s always FREE and much appreciated to like, subscribe, and share this podcast
- Listening on Apple Podcasts? Write a review.
- Small donations help support the development and editing of this content.