On this episode, Dr. Jessica Beal discusses supplementation to meet your nutrition needs and performance goals. Dr. Jessica Beal is a Community Pharmacist and Weightlifting athlete. As a follow up to last week’s episode on how improper nutrition might be holding you back, we dive deeper into the advantages of supplementation and Dr. Jess provides some great insight on tips for athletes to navigate the supplement market to make the best choices to support their overall health.
The supplement market is not regulated and athletes should be aware of what they are consuming. Several resources are available to better understand what you are putting in your body. Check out the Global Drug Reference Online.
THE GRITTY DETAILS
- Learn to listen to your body and how it responds to nutrition, training, and recovery.
- Your appearance does not determine your level of athleticism. Food is a fuel and a necessary component of being strong in life and in the gym.
- Your body will change over the course of your career. We are not static people. Acknowledge that change and transition and understand that your training and nutrition may have to change also.
CONNECT WITH THE GUEST
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
SUPPORT THE PODCAST
- It’s always FREE and much appreciated to like, subscribe, and share this podcast
- Listening on Apple Podcasts? Write a review.
Small donations help support the development and editing of this content.