On this episode of the Strength in the Details podcast, Dr. A’Naja Newsome chats with Mark Roberts. Mark is the owner of Rise Athletics in Winter Garden Florida. Rest and recovery are often overlooked details in the strength and conditioning field. Tune in to learn about how Mark promotes rest and recovery as an essential part of athlete development. Mark emphasizes mindset during training and aims to develop the whole person. Mark believes in science based coaching and is also a consultant for Therabody University.
THE GRITTY DETAILS (from the episode)
- Learn to love the process. Everyday discipline trumps short term motivation.
- You don’t get stronger when you train, you get stronger when you recover.
- More isn’t always better. Check out Renaissance Periodization’s EBOOK How Much Should I Train?
CONNECT WITH THE GUEST
- Follow Mark on Instagram
- Check out Rise Athletics Weightlifting on Instagram or visit them on the web
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
SUPPORT THE PODCAST
- It’s always FREE and much appreciated to like, subscribe, and share this podcast
- Listening on Apple Podcasts? Write a review.
- Small donations help support the development and editing of this content.