On this episode, Dr. Nic Martinez discusses the role that stress plays in our daily life and how it affects our training and performance. The management of stress is an important part of preparation and it helps build mental toughness. Nic is a professor of human performance at the University of South Florida and performance coach for professional athletes in a variety of sports including boxing.
THE GRITTY DETAILS
- Establish ample recovery and time for stress reduction in training through techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation and breathwork.
- Discipline is established in training and daily life that conditions an athlete to respond favorably in situations of challenge or adversity in competition.
- When stressors become too much, go out and ‘find some new stress’ – have some fun!
CONNECT WITH THE GUEST
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
SUPPORT THE PODCAST
- It’s always FREE and much appreciated to like, subscribe, and share this podcast
- Listening on Apple Podcasts? Write a review.
Small donations help support the development and editing of this content.